Twice Baked Lobster and Truffle Baby Potatoes

Hello everyone - have I got a treat for you today!

It's been appetizer week at the Real Women of Philadelphia and we've all been cooking up a storm!

But because I've made it as a finalist in the entree category, this week was extra special, causing me to want to create an appetizer to fit the occasion and, oh boy!

Have I done it this time!!

These delightfully decadent little bites of cream cheese heaven can be dressed up or down and I've provided both a rich man and poor man version of the same dish.

If you would like to watch the video just scroll to the bottom, or check out the printable recipe HERE

Twice Baked Lobster and Truffle Baby Potatoes

Ingredients

    * 15 baby potatoes
    * 1/2 brick (125 grams) Philadelphia Cream Cheese light or regular at room temperature
    * 1/4 cup(s) of mayonnaise
    * 1/4 cup(s) of milk
    * 1/2 tsp. of white truffle oil
    * 1/4 tsp. of black pepper
    * 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh chives
    * 2 whole lobster tails
    * 1 tbsp. of butter
    * 1/8 cup(s) of extra virgin olive oil
    * 1/2 tsp. of kosher or sea salt
    * 1 cup(s) of shredded gruyere cheese
    * 1/4 cup(s) of caviar for garnish (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Wash potatoes and boil whole for 12-15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, soft, and tender (check in on the potatoes periodically during your cooking process).
  3. Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potatoes out of the inside of each half to another bowl.
  4. Mash potatoes well. Add softened cream cheese, and mayonnaise and whip using an electric mixer. Add milk and continue to whip until potatoes are smooth without lumps. Blend in the truffle oil.
  5. Remove lobster from shell. Chop lobster meat into bite size pieces and saute over medium high heat in butter. Add 1/4 tsp salt. Add butter and lobster mixture to the potatoes. Stir well and then add the chives.
  6. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Brush the bottoms and sides of the potato skins with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining kosher salt.
  7. Spoon the potato mixture back into the potato skins and place on the prepared baking sheet. Top the potatoes evenly with the Gruyere cheese and bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese topping is golden.
  8. Garnish with chives or fresh parsley and a small dollop of caviar on each if you wish.
  9. For the "Poor Man" version: Use the herb and garlic flavour of the Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Instead of lobster substitute 4 slices of bacon that have been cooked and crumbled. Instead of white truffle oil substitute 1 tsp creamy horseradish. Instead of gruyere cheese: Substitute extra old cheddar. Use the same method as detailed above substituting ingredients as they appear in the original recipe.

Comments

  1. OMG! My mouth is watering!!!! YUMMMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I would like you to make those too when you come and visit! Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Another great video too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Come to Seattle and we can prepare these together. (I'll break my no dairy rule for this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - these look amazing. I know I haven't taken the time to leave a comment lately - life has been very turmultuous for a while - but I have been reading all your posts nonetheless, and am so thrilled that you are doing so well in the contest - congratulations.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds lovely, except for the lobster part (not a seafood fan due to an acquired tuna allergy). Bacon bits (real ones, made fresh) or (going veggie) some type of bean (pinto, kidney) would be good for me. Of course if I went to the bean, I'd go to the salsa over horseradish; and double it (tomatoes, fresh, would work, too), and substitute green chilies for green onions.

    Good heavens--I may have invented a recipe. I'll call them Poco-papas, 'little potatos' in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LYNDS,

    I'M WITH PINKY ON THE MOUTH WATERING DEAL, SO PLZ 4GIVE ANY DROOL ON MY COMMENT HERE.

    WHAT CAN I SAY THAT I DON'T SAY WITH EVERY RECIPE?

    I HAVE ONLY 3 WORDS 4 U AND THEY R...

    MUST. HAVE. SOME!!!

    U SO ROCKED THE HOUSE YET AGAIN, MY FRIEND!

    FAN 4 LIFE!

    TOWANDA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come on over everyone and I'll cook you a batch! Rav, I'll make sure yours are lobster free :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment