Ice Cream as a Sweet and Savoury Sauce for Meat? WHAT IF??

Hi everyone!

It's time for my first installment of WHAT IF - a blog series where I put together one or two unlikely ingredients and try to make a little magic.

Since becoming interested in the world of food contests, I've noticed how difficult it can be to come up with new and innovative ideas - not to mention make them tasty - and I've seen some pretty wild combinations of ingredients out there!

So I decided to jump onto the wild side and ask you this first following question...

What if I used ice cream to make a cream sauce... for meat?

















Click play to find out and if you're brave enough to give it a try, the printable recipe can be found HERE.

Comments

  1. why not? we'll eat the leftover ice cream for dessert.

    best,
    bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Lyndsay! I would like to try it but am afraid my family would stay away: no sweets in meat for them, not even ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was TERRIFIED!! ha ha ha!! The tenderloin rub is wonderful in its own.

      Delete
  3. It does sond interesting, but I am with Marina's family, no sweets in my meats either....now my family would probably like it, but then they'll have to cook it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweets in my meats - that should be on a bumper sticker ;)

      Delete
  4. Hello! My first visit, will visit you again. Seriously, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts( really interesting blog). Would be great if you could visit also mine...Thanks for sharing! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprisingly, I'm not an ice cream fan, and normally not a fan of any type of sweet with meat. Having recently made a meatloaf with pineapple and loving it, I may be willing to give the whole ice cream thing a try. The tricky part in using ice cream, of course, is to find a really good (read: not watery) ice cream that melts well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love combining sweet and savoury flavours. The other day I made some candied bacon which was delicious. Will think of the ice cream in my freezer next time I need to make a cream sauce!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment