Eggs, Chopping, and Designer Salts - Oh My!

Hi everyone,

I thought I better drop a note for all of my subscribers to reassure you that I am still alive :-)

But with Master Chef and Hell's Kitchen on a break for the Olympics and me on staycation, I've been taking a much needed break and spending time in the kitchen brushing up on my basics.

Yesterday I spent the morning poaching and flipping eggs (what a mess that was - but sweet celebration when I finally did it!)
















Behold, my perfectly over easy egg!

In the afternoon I worked on my knife skills and, as a result, have a lot of diced carrots and onions on hand to cook with today. Any suggestions what I should make?

I've also been over at VCon - today's video from me a flavour boost describing how to make designer salt. Here's the link if you want to check it out... Designer Salt.

And as I seem to be slowly emerging from my lovely summer laziness, expect a return to the kitchen in full force as my urge to can and preserve things grows strong. The domestic force is always strong within me, Jedi's, as summer turns to fall...

Hope you're all having a great week!

xoxo

Lyndsay

Comments

  1. That egg does look perfectly cooked. I am very picky about mine and usually only eat one if I cooked it, but I would eat that one. When I was young it used to frustrate my grandmother that I insisted on cooking my own egg.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment