Delicious Three Ingredient Tomato Sauce!

 I've been under the weather with the flu which means I haven't had a lot of energy to do much more than watch TV and read - and, of course, when ill (and always) my taste in literature does not extend to the high brow.

Instead, I've been reading a good old love story by Nicholas Sparks called True Believer which wouldn't matter blog-wise, except that one of the characters made the most compelling pasta sauce with only three ingredients that I just had to try.

A three ingredient sauce made with San Marzano tomatoes that was simply divine!
















Of course, I had to share!

Ingredients
  • 2 28 oz tins San Marzano Tomatoes
  • 2 medium onions, peeled and cut in half
  • 1/2 cup butter
Directions

Pour the tomatoes, onions, and butter into a large saucepan and bring to a boiling simmer over medium high. Stir until the butter melts, turn heat to medium low, cover and simmer for an hour and a half stirring periodically.

Serve over spaghetti or linguini with some grated parm and enjoy!

Simply delicious!

For another amazing tomato based sauce, this one with seafood, please enjoy my video featuring Linguini Ai Frutti di Mare and watch for another fun Kitchen Witch video this weekend!


Subscribe to me on YouTube


 
Follow Me on Pinterest
 


Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Or you can subscribe by rss feed...


Subscribe in a reader

Comments

  1. Lindsay, I have heard of so many friends and relatives suffering with the flu, I hope you are feeling good as new real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patti - I'm feeling much better as we speak!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment