Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Bread ~The Kitchen Witch ~ Easy Recipe for Entertaining

I've been having so much fun over the last two weeks getting ready for Superbowl - especially because this year the Sea Hawks are in it which is nice and close to home. So if I can't have my 49ers, it'll be Sea hawks all the way.

I plan to serve my Crock Pot Chicken Tostadas, and a variety of appetizers throughout the game including today's recipe for Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Bread!


 I came up with this recipe in 2011 when I was a website host for The Real Women of Philadelphia through Kraft Foods Canada and it was such a hit I thought I better re-share it for the Big Day! It's the perfect make ahead for any kind of party or potluck because you can put it together in advance and just pop it into the oven whenever you're ready to serve.

Visit the printable recipe here: Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Bread

Or cook along with me in the Kitchen Witch Cottage by watching my step by step video!




Ingredients
  • 1 loaf Italian or French Bread cut in half lengthwise
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese Chive and Garlic flavour
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
  • 2 diced green onions
  • 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
Directions
  1. Mix the butter, cream cheese, garlic, red pepper, green onions, and shrimp to form a spreadable paste.
  2. Spread in equal amounts on each side of the loaf and sprinkle with the shredded cheddar (a half cup per loaf)
  3. Place on a baking sheet in a 350 oven for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden.

Author:

Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, a former website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada, the $20,000.00 winner of the online competition "The Real Women of Philadelphia" and a finalist on the Food Network Canada show Recipe to Riches. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish. 
  

Comments