Just ask the The Man I Married!
Better still, it can be made ahead and frozen.
Ham and Broccoli Quiche
Click HERE to visit the printable recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup pimento
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (whatever flavour you like)
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Par boil the broccoli until it's just al dente. Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and ham. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until the onion is soft. Add broccoli and pimento and stir to incorporate the flavours. Spoon everything into crust and sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until center has set.
- If freezing, cool completely, wrap.
- Bake from frozen at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until heated through