Things are well with me and I'm super excited to be heading toward the warmer months. Next week, my husband and I are taking a mini vacation back to Tofino for a little R and R, whale watching, and general relaxing and doing nothing.
In the meantime, though, I've been in the kitchen cooking up a storm - starting with today's recipe for Ham and Swiss Party Buns!
Mini rolls packed with ham and Swiss cheese are drenched in a tangy sweet marinade over night and then baked to ooey gooey perfection!
This is one of those old time recipes that are great to have in your back pocket for bridal showers, Mother's Day, or other casual celebrations.
Visit the printable recipe here: Ham and Swiss Party Buns
Please enjoy my easy to follow step by step video.
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Need to sit 24 hours before baking
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 24 small handheld buns
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 tbsp French's mustard
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 12 small buns ( I like to use butter buns or soft dinner rolls)
- shaved ham
- 24 small squares of Swiss cheese
- Bring butter, mustard, worcestershire, brown sugar and poppy seeds to a boil in a saucepan. Set aside.
- Make sandwiches with small buns, ham, and Swiss cheese. Place sandwiches in a 9 x 13 non stick baking dish treated with cooking spray.
- Pour sauce over the sandwiches. Cover and marinate in fridge for 24 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes covered then 10 minutes uncovered.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.