It can mostly be attributed, I think, to my new found passion for creating recipes that are lighter but lose nothing in the flavour or texture department.
But I've also retrained myself to eat less and more slowly by using smaller plates and taking the time to make the plate look beautiful.
I'm not sure why this is, but the more beautiful a dish looks, the more satisfying it becomes. And the more satisfying it is, the less you have to eat.
Sweet and Savoury Meatballs with Mango Chutney
For printable recipe click HERE
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced celery stalk
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Patak's mild curry paste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a shallow casserole dish with cooking spray
- Mix all of the ingredients except the chutney and broth together in a large bowl and form into small meatballs. Place meatballs in prepared casserole dish.
- Mix the broth and chutney together and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 50 minutes, removing from oven twice during the cooking process to turn the meatballs over.
- After the meatballs have baked 50 minutes, remove the lid, turn meatballs one last time, and bake for another ten minutes.
- Serve with rice or as appetizers.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader