Heritage Hollow who made the recipe herself and raved about it.
Never one to shy away from deep fried dough of any kind, I set to trying it out myself and sweet heavenly Mary! Am I ever glad I did.
Watch all the step by step action with today's video!
And then visit the printable recipe here: Nutella and Banana Deep Fried Wontons.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 24 Wonton Wrappers
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 1 banana, cut into 24 slices
- 1 whole Egg Beaten
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Defrost wonton wrappers in the refrigerator at least a day in advance.
- Make an assembly line with the Nutella, bananas, and egg wash. Place about 1 teaspoon of Nutella in the center of a wonton wrapper then put a banana on top. Wet all four edges of the wrapper with the egg wash and seal into a triangle shape.
- Fry until golden brown on each side, (as per the video)
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain. Sprinkle each side with cinnamon sugar. Recipe makes 18 wontons.
Lyndsay Wells is a professional trainer, writer, and program developer with a passion for food and cooking. She is an award winning recipe developer, and a website ambassador for Kraft Foods Canada. Lyndsay believes cooking should be approachable and easy and has great tips and ideas for putting together sophisticated looking dishes that cooks of all levels can accomplish.
Visit her daily on her blog, The Kitchen Witch or on her YouTube Channel, CHARMED With The Kitchen Witch.
Bring the daily magic of The Kitchen Witch straight to your inbox every time a new one is written.
Or you can subscribe by rss feed...
Subscribe in a reader